Nothing makes me feel better than bright colors. I am also a huge fan of black and white – so why not put the two together!
What I am wearing:
Black & white polka dotted shirt (Dress Barn) – Thrifted for $2.00
Yellow knee length skirt (Golden Flava) – Thrifted for $3.00
Black strappy sandals (Cloudwalkers) – Thifted for $2.50
The entire outfit cost $7.50. I did have to get the zipper replaced on the skirt which was $10 at my local dry cleaners – so if you ad that on, the entire outfit was a whopping $12.50!!
Shopping on a dime (Thrifting) is one of my favorite things to do!
Photo Credits: Jacki Manson (Photographer)
I took a hiatus from Naturally Curvaceous to take a minute to focus on what I want for myself and what I want for this blog.
I am BACK!
My promise to my subscribers and readers is that I will post at least once a week on my blog. I will still focus on fashion (on a dime), natural hair, being curvaceous, weight loss, and of course my random thoughts.
What I wanted to achieve for myself was:
- A healthier lifestyle – some of which I will document on this blog
- An addition to our family – a Yorkie named Nitro that I am sure you all will meet soon
- A way to incorporate more family time into my schedule (with fun, free events, of course!) I will be sharing those with you as well.
For the blog I want to stay true to my authentic self and hopefully post information that is entertaining and interesting.
Thank you for sticking with me through this time, now let’s get on with it!!
I AM NOT SORRY… for being me. What does that mean you ask?
I am not sorry for:
- Being the best Mom that I know how to be; having open and honest communication with my son
- Being a hopeless romantic; loving with my entire heart and putting my all into my relationsship
- Working hard to have the things that we need and want but not always being in love with having to go to work
- Standing up for the things that I believe are correct
- Wanting a new “life experience” & hoping to move to the West Coast
- Loving my family but knowing that it is time to “live” for me
- For doing 90% of my shopping at thrift stores and online boutiques & closet sales – I just cannot seem to want to pay full price for clothing and accessories. You just get so much more for your money
- For being ME – I have come to love myself which allows me to love unconditionally
Tonight I had a movie date with my son to see Penguins of Madagascar. I wanted to be comfortable and relaxed so I opted for a graphic sweatshirt & jeans with the black jacket and silver scarf. The movie was great. Below are options on styling the outfit for a easy, breezy early evening outing.
Graphic Tee – Forever 21
Teal Faux Leather Jacket – Forever 21
Black Faux Leather Jacket – Forever 21
Black Skinny Jeans – Forever 21
Lace up boots – Bee Fly
Accessories – from cloest sales and gifted
Purple and Silver Scarves – thrifted
My favorite day of the week is Friday! It is the ending of the work week and the beginning of the weekend. Another thing I love about Fridays is that in my office it is casual dress day.
As the weather is getting colder in the DMV it is time to pull out the layers, jackets and boots. I absolutely HATE cold weather but the one thing that I do like about the colder temps is that I get to wear scarves! I love, love, love scarves. There are so many ways to wear them and accessories any outfit.
For Friday that just passed, I chose to wear neutral colors and accent with black & white stripes.
Something that you will come to learn about me is that I RARELY pay full price for any article of clothing or shoes. I am big on thrift shopping, closet sales, and clearance racks.
- Drape jacket by Inspire (purchased at a closet sale for $20)
- Black & white striped shirt by Forever 21 (purchased at a thrift store for $2)
- Jeggings by Mossimo (purchased at a thrift store for $3)
- Boots by Target (purchased on Ebay for $20)
- Necklace (bought at a closet sale for $5)
- Crossbody bag by Urban Expressions (purchased at a closet sale for $10)
- Scarf (purchased at a thrift store for $3)
My entire outfit cost under $100!!! Now that is what I am talking about! Looking stylish all while keeping some coins in your pocket!
What is your favorite outfit to wear on casual Friday?
Photos taken by Jacki Welch (my fabulous colleague!)
My name is Yani and I am brand new to the blogging scene. I am starting this blog to share my thoughts on natural hair, being curvaceous, finding style bargains in thrift stores or flea markets, weight loss (or lack there of), my love of food, which could be the problem with the weight loss and just my random thoughts on anything that may pop into my mind.
I currently reside in Capitol Heights, MD. I am the mother of just one 10 year old boy who is the love of my life. I am recently engaged so I will not be offering any dating advice but I may give my thoughts on how to keep a relationship going.
I am a very simple woman that likes to keep as many “coins” in my pocket as possible. So I will share some of my frugal ways with you in hopes to keep the “coins” in your pocket too.
So sit back, relax, read, make comments and please share this blog with your friends!