I think I have mentioned to you all before that I want to move to the west coast…and this is main reason to get away from the cold, snow, ice , heavy coats, gloves, scarves and hats!
I must say that snow is beautiful to watch from the comforts of your home looking out of the window but it all together something different when you have to be out in it.
Today was the first snow of 2015 in the DMV (DC, MD & VA area). It was beautiful and my son got to have his wished for “snow day”. I had to venture ou to work so I thought I would share some of the beauty with you!
My favorite day of the week is Friday! It is the ending of the work week and the beginning of the weekend. Another thing I love about Fridays is that in my office it is casual dress day.
As the weather is getting colder in the DMV it is time to pull out the layers, jackets and boots. I absolutely HATE cold weather but the one thing that I do like about the colder temps is that I get to wear scarves! I love, love, love scarves. There are so many ways to wear them and accessories any outfit.
For Friday that just passed, I chose to wear neutral colors and accent with black & white stripes.
Something that you will come to learn about me is that I RARELY pay full price for any article of clothing or shoes. I am big on thrift shopping, closet sales, and clearance racks.
- Drape jacket by Inspire (purchased at a closet sale for $20)
- Black & white striped shirt by Forever 21 (purchased at a thrift store for $2)
- Jeggings by Mossimo (purchased at a thrift store for $3)
- Boots by Target (purchased on Ebay for $20)
- Necklace (bought at a closet sale for $5)
- Crossbody bag by Urban Expressions (purchased at a closet sale for $10)
- Scarf (purchased at a thrift store for $3)
My entire outfit cost under $100!!! Now that is what I am talking about! Looking stylish all while keeping some coins in your pocket!
What is your favorite outfit to wear on casual Friday?
Photos taken by Jacki Welch (my fabulous colleague!)