I AM NOT SORRY… for being me. What does that mean you ask?
I am not sorry for:
- Being the best Mom that I know how to be; having open and honest communication with my son
- Being a hopeless romantic; loving with my entire heart and putting my all into my relationsship
- Working hard to have the things that we need and want but not always being in love with having to go to work
- Standing up for the things that I believe are correct
- Wanting a new “life experience” & hoping to move to the West Coast
- Loving my family but knowing that it is time to “live” for me
- For doing 90% of my shopping at thrift stores and online boutiques & closet sales – I just cannot seem to want to pay full price for clothing and accessories. You just get so much more for your money
- For being ME – I have come to love myself which allows me to love unconditionally
Tonight I had a movie date with my son to see Penguins of Madagascar. I wanted to be comfortable and relaxed so I opted for a graphic sweatshirt & jeans with the black jacket and silver scarf. The movie was great. Below are options on styling the outfit for a easy, breezy early evening outing.
Graphic Tee – Forever 21
Teal Faux Leather Jacket – Forever 21
Black Faux Leather Jacket – Forever 21
Black Skinny Jeans – Forever 21
Lace up boots – Bee Fly
Accessories – from cloest sales and gifted
Purple and Silver Scarves – thrifted
Brand spanking NEW: I have decided to open the Naturally Curvaceous Boutique!
The boutique will cater mostly to the “Curvy Girls” since that is what I know best as I am definitely a curvy girl. I will sometimes offer youth boy items as I sometimes buy my son too many items.
Where do the items in the boutique come from? Most items are thrifted or purchased at closet sales. Most of the items are gently worn and sometimes brand new and never worn. Think of it as thrifting online.
How much do the items cost? I want to make this boutique extremely affordable so the item are priced as such. You all know that I am big on keeping as many coins in your pockets as possible. I will include the price along with the shipping for each item within the description.
How do I purchase? All you need to do is leave your email address below the item on Instagram or send me a direct message with the piece you want and I will send you a Paypal invoice – it as simple as that!
An example of item currently for sale:
I invite you to take a look at the boutique and share it with your “Curvy Girl” friends, http://instagram.com/naturallycurvaceous
Let me know if you have any questions.
My favorite day of the week is Friday! It is the ending of the work week and the beginning of the weekend. Another thing I love about Fridays is that in my office it is casual dress day.
As the weather is getting colder in the DMV it is time to pull out the layers, jackets and boots. I absolutely HATE cold weather but the one thing that I do like about the colder temps is that I get to wear scarves! I love, love, love scarves. There are so many ways to wear them and accessories any outfit.
For Friday that just passed, I chose to wear neutral colors and accent with black & white stripes.
Something that you will come to learn about me is that I RARELY pay full price for any article of clothing or shoes. I am big on thrift shopping, closet sales, and clearance racks.
- Drape jacket by Inspire (purchased at a closet sale for $20)
- Black & white striped shirt by Forever 21 (purchased at a thrift store for $2)
- Jeggings by Mossimo (purchased at a thrift store for $3)
- Boots by Target (purchased on Ebay for $20)
- Necklace (bought at a closet sale for $5)
- Crossbody bag by Urban Expressions (purchased at a closet sale for $10)
- Scarf (purchased at a thrift store for $3)
My entire outfit cost under $100!!! Now that is what I am talking about! Looking stylish all while keeping some coins in your pocket!
What is your favorite outfit to wear on casual Friday?
Photos taken by Jacki Welch (my fabulous colleague!)